In 1984 a group of artists organized for these purposes:
* To promote and insure the high standards of the art of watercolor painting in the state of West Virginia.
* To guide and assist the student and aspiring watercolor artist in West Virginia.
* To encourage within the general public the advancement and understanding of the broad scope of watercolor painting.
These fifty-four artists thus became the Charter Members of the West Virginia Watercolor Society.
In the years since that beginning these purposes continue to be met by holding watercolor workshops, publishing a newsletter, and by hosting both juried and non-juried exhibitions.
You are welcomed and encouraged to join with WVWS as we continue to pursue these goals. Please visit
- President, Martha Reynolds
- Vice President, Debbie Lester
- Recording Secretary, Vacant
- Corresponding Secretary, Jane C. Michael
- Treasurer, Linda Elmer
- Region I, Lou Gates
- Region II. Patricia Roberts
- Region III, Joy Cooper
- Region IV, Katy Crim
- Region V, Janet Hart
- Region-at-Large, Robert W. Smith
- Exhibits: Linda Elmer
- Membership: Jeannine Romano
- Workshops: Judy Mattson Reed
- Newsletter Editor: Kristen Colebank
- Publicity: Linda J.C. Turner
- Webmaster: Kristen Colebank
- Jury: Christine Rhodes