The 2022 WVWS national juried exhibition, Aqueous 2022, held its opening reception Friday, May 6, 2022, at the Parkersburg Art Center in Parkersburg, W.Va.. At the reception, awards where announced, with Rita Montrosse earning Best of Show for "Among the Rubble."
The 2022 juror for the exhibition was Laurie Goldstein-Warren, AWS, TWSA. To see Laurie's work, please visit her website at warrenwatercolors.com
Also, please see the Aqueous 2022 exhibition prospectus regarding details on the exhibition and its calendar.
The large button link below will open an online gallery page that will show all the works in this year's exhibition. This online gallery page will open in a new browser tab.
Award winners will be posted after the awards are announced at the opening reception on Friday evening, May 6.
Additional information about the exhibition, including images of the opening reception, as well as gallery shots of the two complementary and concurrent exhibitions, the 2022 WVWS Signature Exhibition, and the Jose Rizo collection of early 20th century watercolors, will also be linked to this page in the coming days, so please check back soon.
Learn more more about this combined exhibition at Parkersburg Art Center, which the West Virginia Watercolor Society has named "Aqueous Plus."
Aqueous 2022 Award Winners
Aqueous 2022 Accepted Artists
- Bess Alexander, Westerville, Ohio, “Florida Foliage”
- Bess Alexander, Westerville, Ohio, “Jen's Choice”
- Jeanne Brenneman, Lewisburg, "See the Light, Be the Light"
- Jeanne Brenneman, Lewisburg, “It's a New Day”
- Karen Ensor Brown, Buckhannon, “Food Chain”
- William Campbell, Midlothian, Va., “Mattaponi”
- William Campbell, Midlothian, Va., “School Days”
- Dennis Clarke, Martinsburg, “Hillside”
- Dennis Clarke, Martinsburg, “I Was Here”
- John Coffey, Princeton, “Tool House Door”
- Kristen Colebank, Wardensville, “Waiting”
- Katherine Crim, Clarksburg, "Scenic Route, Babcock"
- Dierdre Duncan, Rivesville, “Stone Spirit”
- Linda Elmer, Fairmont, “Spanish Rooftops”
- Linda Elmer, Fairmont, “Williams River II”
- George Gow, Louisville, Ky., “Balancing Degrees of Abstraction”
- Janet Hart, Wheeling, “Crafty Bird”
- Janet Hart, Wheeling, “Kitchen Chicken”
- Rick Kowalewski, Silver Spring, Md., “At Dusk Gathers the Last Light”
- Greg Kullman, Morgantown, “River of Coal”
- Pamela Lake, Hacker Valley, “Sew Fun”
- Deborah Lester, Shady Spring, “Waterfalls”
- Jamie Lester, Morgantown, “Cheat River Haze”
- Jamie Lester, Morgantown, “Pools of the Big Sandy”
- Jane C. Michael, Morgantown, “Undersea View”
- Jane C. Michael, Morgantown, “Spring Thaw”
- Nancy Maunz, Clarksburg, “Approaching Rain”
- Rita Montrosse, Princeton, “Among the Rubble”
- Sandra Pealer, South Paris, Maine, “Mineral County Sheep Farm”
- Sandra Pealer, South Paris, Maine, “Days End”
- Donna Perkins, Pasadena, Md., “You Gotta Wash Radishes”
- Julie Read, Winchester, Va., “King of the Road”
- Julie Read, Winchester, Va., “Looking Up”
- Judy Reed, Shinnston, “The Survivor”
- Judy Reed, Shinnston, “A Past Glory”
- Christine Rhodes, Parkersburg, “Stay the Course”
- Christine Rhodes, Parkersburg, “River of Dreams”
- Howard Rogers, St. Albans, “Beautiful Bird”
- Jeannine Romano, Bridgeport, “Social Distance”
- Kathleen Snoderly, Morgantown, “Reflections”
- Patricia Stine, Renick, “Glenn's Cream Puffs”
- Lavonne Suwalski, Westerville, OH, “Village Road”
- Jan van Egmond, Charleston, Girl with the Red Bow”
- Jan van Egmond, Charleston, “Girl with the Blue Hat”
- Rema White, Jane Lew, “Sunrise”
- Becky Williams, Buckhannon, “Seth's Eternal Spirit”
- Becky Williams, Buckhannon, “Bedford Afternoon”